Traditional Karate At Its Best!
Okinawa Goju-Ryu Karate
Goju-ryu is one of the most popular styles of karate with a rich history and tradition. It is characterized by round movements, highly developed breathing methods and stresses a harmonious blend of power and evasion: hence the name Goju, which means hard and soft.
The training is traditional and very comprehensive. There are 5 main areas of development that will be covered in your training:
- Preparatory Exercises.These exercises will enhance your flexibility, strength and endurance while introducing you to the movements and techniques of Goju-Ryu Karate.
- Kihon (basics)Here you will learn the fundamental techniques which include stances, punching, blocking, kicking and proper breathing.
- Kata.Kata are prearranged sets of movements which contain practical blocking and attacking techniques that students practice alone. There are 12 kata in Goju-Ryu and once grasped they provide many benefits, such as quicker reflexes, increased stamina, coordination and self-defense for all situations.
- Kumite (sparring)- Kumite allows for the practice of defensive and offensive techniques with a partner. This will teach you how the techniques actually work and helps to develop an appreciation for proper distance, timing and fighting spirit.
5. Hojo Undo (supplementary exercises) - These exercises involve the use of various training devices to enhance our strength and technique.
CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL AGE GROUPS
CALL : +1 (441) 505-6038 OR EMAIL : [email protected]